- This event has passed.
Dinner Party: Addis in Cape Restaurant
29 October 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 10:00 pmR200
Experience the earthy African aromas, warming ambience and rich Ethiopian tastes from Addis in Cape. On Monday, 29 October 2018, ProVeg is hosting a traditional Ethiopian dinner party at Addis in Cape restaurant in Cape Town in collaboration with Humane Society International – Africa and its GreenMonday South Africa movement. The restaurant has been serving authentic Ethiopian dishes to South Africans for over 10 years and for this year’s #SAVeganChallenge, they are offering a fantastic special for our dinner party guests.
Join ProVeg for a three-course shared dinner featuring:
Fried injera with:
– Azifa: Cooked brown lentils chilled and blended with olive oil, mustard, onions, chopped chilli and freshly squeezed lemon.
– Gomen: Kale sautéed with onions, garlic, herbs and spices that give it its unique Ethiopian flavour.
8 vegan tasters with injera including:
–Misir Wot: Split red lentils sautéed with onions, garlic, slow-cooked with Berbere.
– Kek Alicha: Split yellow chickpeas sautéed with onions, garlic and turmeric.
– Shimbera Asa Wot: Homemade chickpea dumplings simmered in a Berbere sauce.
– Defin Misir Alicha: Whole brown lentils sautéed with onions
– Mushroom Alicha: Mushrooms made in a sauce prepared with a homemade blend of dried split peas (shiro) with spices used to thicken and season the dish.
– Pumpkin Wot: Cubes of pumpkin sautéed with onions and garlic, cooked with Berbere.
– Side Vegetables: White cabbage, potatoes and carrots cooked the Ethiopian way.
– Tomato Salad: Ethiopian-style tomato salad made with Ethiopian salad dressing.
– Strawberry & lemon sorbet
– Classic Ethiopian coffee ceremony (or tea) with popcorn
Be sure to book your spot ASAP!